ASH WEDNESDAY

Ash Wednesday is finally here!  I started the day out with going to mass and getting my ashes.  I just have this deep need and longing to purge stuff from my life.......one of them being noise and yes less time on the computer and  letting go of Politics again!

How can God speak to us if we are constantly surrounded by noise or we are constantly filling our heads with stuff!  Even good stuff!  It's still stuff !  One of the main things I think the Lord has asked me to do this lent is to declutter my mind so that I have room to hear his voice.

I practiced doing this on 45 minute drive home from work today. (I had to go to the West end of Lansing before coming home)............I did not turn on the radio..........I didn't even play any music....it was just me and God in the car.  I survived and lived to be blogging about it!

One of the other long time favorites of mine is to give up eating in between meals.  My mom always did this and maybe that is why I like doing it.  It's so good for us to say NO to ourselves ...........to let the flesh die so  that our spirits can grow.  John the Baptist said it the best: John 3:30 "He must increase, but I must decrease."

My prayer this lent is that I will decrease....that I will be less proud, impatient, judgemental and the list goes on.........we are all a work in progress!  I love this Holy Season of lent to meditate on the life and death of our Lord..........and hopefully I will die to more of my sin so that I will rise a new with him on Easter Sunday............Happy Lent!

Comments

Popular Posts