HE HAS RISEN!

Charlie and I started the day by going to the 8:30 mass.  The church was packed with several having to stand.  I have had such a deep sense of joy all day long.........knowing that you know that Jesus died for me personally.......that He the Lord loves me and I remember my friend Annette before she died told me "you need to know that you KNOW God loves you!"......... and I can honestly say I get it!

I have tried to faithfully follow our Lord Jesus Christ since I was 18.  I had received four of the sacraments by that time but there comes a time in our lives when we personally have to say YES to the Lord............to surrender our hearts over to Him.  For my graduation Dorella Page-Hunter gave me a bible as a graduation gift and it was through reading the scriptures that I realized Jesus was real and living!  He was not just a man who had died 2,000 years ago........He was a live and I wanted a personal relationship with him like the Saints had.

So as you can see I have been on this journey for awhile and it has taken me this long to really really get it!.............I have done nothing to earn his love, He just loves me.......He loves all of us.  St. Augustine said it best:  "Our hearts are restless oh Lord, until they rest in you"........nothing can satisfy us except God.  We all have a deep whole within us for a purpose..........so that we would long for Him.....we can try to fill it with money, power, objects, people........but none of those things will bring the deep peace and happiness that only God can give us.

I am so thankful for my husband, siblings and their children.  I am truly blessed and each day I grow in appreciation for all that the good Lord has given me!  Thank you Jesus! Happy Easter!

Comments

Popular Posts