KELLY AND MARIA SPEND THE NIGHT

What a great weekend I had with my nieces, Kelly and Maria.  We started the day off by going with Brenda, Linda and John to Portland Mi to watch Kelly's soccer game.  She was awesome as usual, however she was hit in the nose with the ball again!  This time she bled for 15 minutes and her coach stopped the game because he wanted her to finish playing.  She got right back in and their team won with a score of 5 to 4.

We then went to some garage sales.  I got a set of 11 (now 10 I broke one) flute depression stemware for $6, an old unique looking stool for $1 and an old Last Super picture in a cool frame for $2.  Very happy with my finds even if I'm trying to unclutter my home.  We hit a very cool  estate sale filled with antiques.  The house itself was built in 1860.........it was so cool I felt I had gone back in time. The girls loved it as well but the prices were very expensive.

We all had lunch then girls and I came to my house were the played house in the upstairs until we left for mass at 4pm.  I took them to St.Joseph's in Pewamo where my mom grew up as well as Annette Guild.  I love going there because I feel so connected to both of them in that church. I still have relatives that live there.  We went to the Oakwood Lounge for dinner with my Uncle Paul my mom's only surviving brother and my Aunt Martha who was married to my mom's twin brother Jerry who passed away about 18 years ago.  It was so nice spending time with them.

Then the girls and I went to the grave where Annette, my grand parents and two Uncles and an Aunt are buried.  The have  a wonderful Rosary monument with Our Lady in the middle........the girls had me take several pictures of them posing with her........our Mother:)  They also wiped off the platform she was standing on because it was covered with grass.

On our way home we had to stop for ice cream of course!  When we got home they got ready for bed and had arranged one of my rooms that doesn't have a bed into a camp out for the night.  They watched a Barbie movie and started another one when Kelly crashed which was about 11pm.  Maria came down and spent some time with me and then we called it a night.

In the morning we went to breakfast at McDonald's and then took Abby for a two mile walk along the old raid road tracks.  We picked some wild flowers along the way.  They played some more until we went to lunch and met Brenda who took Maria home.
I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed the weekend with my nieces.  It was so refreshing for my soul..........going to Pewamo and mass at my mom's home parish church and talking with my Aunt and Uncle..........Maria and Kelly bring me JOY...........thanks for the weekend girls. I love you both very much!

Comments

Popular Posts