FOX CHRISTMAS GATHERING

On December 9th a handful of cousins and three of our Aunt's gathered at Oakwood lounge in Pewamo to have a family get together.  We wore hats in memory of the old Christmas parties we use to have.  I will have to pull out some of those old pictures!

I enjoyed listening to my Aunt Alda (my mom's sister) talking about there grouping up years.  They were so poor!  My mom said she had two outfits that she wore to school.  She would wear one of them every other day.  My grandma did alot of canning and had a big garden to help feed the family.
I remember one Christmas my mom got an orange in her Christmas stocking and that was a real
treat. 

We then stopped at my Uncle Paul's (my mom's oldest brother who is 86).  They were having their own get together so we crashed.  We had so much fun telling stories of out old family gatherings........and I love hearing stories that my Uncle Paul tells. 

Though the gathering did my soul so much good now I really really mis my mom!  I am not afraid to die.  I'm actually really looking forward to transitioning over to my real home...........to see Jesus and all the Saints and my family...............home is where the heart is!

Comments

Popular Posts