HAPPY 78TH BIRTHDAY TO MY MOM AND HER TWIN BROTHER....UNCLE JERRY

I miss you mom.........your laugh your smile your good attitude!  The older I get the more I am thankful for what you taught me.........Most importantly taking me to church every Sunday!  I still have memories of being in the basement of St.Joesph's for childcare and running to you when the doors opened up.  There was never a reason not to go to mass........never! Thank you so much for that I even went to mass when I went away to college.  You taught us that we are not to work on Sundays because that is the Lord's day and I still try to live by that rule!

You were so generous with others.........I remember at age 5 always getting the paper for the elderly lady who lived across the street. I think the paper was a nickle and she would give me a dime and want me to keep the change............you always told me not to take it.........and she wanted me to.....I don't remember who won out..............Most likely I did not take it!  I remember picking up Joe on our way to Church he had a bad leg and always walked to Church............you would tell us to move over! And who could forget Angeline........the old lady who lived behind us..........you would take her dinner every night and to Saturday night mass until she could no longer go. I still have a handkerchief that she bought me for my Birthday one year.

I remember when you were dying and I was caring for you and you were still thinking of others and wanting to do for them.  You had told a neighbor about a certain recipe that used polish sausage and you were even going to supply it............but you got home to find we didn't have any..........so you sent me to the store to buy some for her.  Another time you made me go over to the neighbors and babysit so the mother could go to the St.Joseph's basement sale..........because it was the last day of the sale and you could get a bag of items for one dollar!  When guest would come you would always have to feed them.................that meant I had to feed them!  It was so hard keeping up with your hospitality.

I also remember your love for St. Padre Pio and the Divine Mercy Chaplet which you prayed every day at 3pm.  You eventually got to the point where you could hardly walk and I was always afraid of you having seizures...........so I did not want to take you to mass...........so Brenda, Kevin and Debbie
(Hufnagel) Hollenbeck took you......because it took all three to hold you up! You told them, "that Lisa is trying to make a heathen out of me!" Mom that was impossible!

You had a simple profound faith...........you did the hard thing you lived it!  You stayed with a mentally ill husband who caused you alot of emotional pain and even physical at times.........but you said God gave you a hand and you played it! My mom loved playing cards.........loved it!

What saddens me most is your grandchildren did not get to know you.........I know you are watching over them but they would so have enjoyed you as you would them.  I am looking forward to crossing over to the other side when God calls me home and I know you will be one of the people who greets me along with dad.......I've been reading Michael H Browns books............I loved , "The Other Side".  It's a reality that you are alive and interceding for us. The book talks about how important is to love others and being kind.....and that is the way you lived...........Thank you mom enjoy your day in Heaven!

Comments

Popular Posts