Katherine (Katie) Mary Deliso's Graduation

I would like to wish my niece and Goddaughter, Katie congratulation's for graduating from St. Johns High School!  She graduated with high honors....way to go Katie!  It was held at the Wharton Center in East Lansing due to the construction still going on at the high school.

I'm so proud of you Katie!  You have not bought into the ways of the world! You have embraced your faith in Jesus Christ and His Church! You have a heart for others and you are kind in your dealings with other people.  May you continue to grow in the deep knowledge of our Lord's personal love for you!

Our Lord Jesus Christ is faithful and you can trust him! He has a plan for you life and to the degree that you follow Him  and His teachings you will live in Reality!  This life is a very short journey compared to Eternity!

Your grandma Jean Burns would be so proud of you!  You have her smile!  She laughed a lot and was always reaching out to others!  She had a hard life with your grandpa but that did not stop her from trusting our Lord Jesus Christ!  She loved to play cards and she once told me when we were talking about how hard it was living a with mentally ill husband (your grandfather) "God gave me a hand and I played it."

Yes she played it very well!  She always took us to church ............we never missed mass!  She had such a strong faith!  She was not one to preach the Gospel, she did the harder thing she actually lived it!  She cared for her mentally ill husband and their four children.  We always had a hot meal on the table every night!  I also remember her praying with us every night and as she was going down the stairs she would yell............don't let the bed bugs bite!

She always made Christmas so a joyous time!  She  loved to decorate and she was so generous in her gift giving! She would so have spoiled her grandchildren!  She would have had you guys over all the time!  Why do I share all this with you?  Because she lives on in you! I see her in your smile, in your kindness, and in your tender heart..........Yes my mom lives through you!

I love you Katie and I am so proud to be your Godmother!

Comments

Popular Posts