Kelly and John Sleepover!

Well I learned Saturday morning that Maria could not join us for the sleepover because she was sick.
John and Kelly did not know if they still wanted to come over.  Why would a brother and sister enjoy themselves at Aunt Lisa's?  And what about Maria?

I told them that we would have another sleepover where Maria could join us!  That seemed to satisfy them and the weekend was on.  I picked up Kelly because I am paying her to do some cleaning at our home.

  The first project was to vacuum out the crawl space under the man cave.  I  felt a little guilty putting her in the basement with a shop vac!  What kind of Aunt put's her niece in the basement to
do a job she hasn't done in three years?  Did I mention I was paying her?

Did I mention that Charlie and I took her to Wendy's and bought her lunch?  That helped ease my guilt.  After lunch she worked for about another hour and then I released her!  What a good Aunt!

We picked John up around 4pm to go to mass at St. Joseph's in Pewamo, which is my mom's home town.  I love to take them there and tell them stories about their grandmother that they never had the chance to meet.  We sat by my mom's only living brother, Paul Fox who turned 87 in April and is going strong.

After mass we went to the The Oakwood Lounge for dinner.  We then went to rent a movie of there choice.  They chose the move......... Despicable Me. The next morning we went to breakfast at McDonald's.

They came back here and  combed Abby and it was then that I heard Kelly confess to John that she had fun cleaning the crawl space under the man cave.........it was cool! So I felt guilt and paid her for having fun!

Kelly is such a sweet soul!  She is so easy to have around.  I told her that if I had had a daughter I would want that daughter to be just like her!  She is so sensitive and in tune with those around her and so humble.  God has so blessed her!

Maria felt better on Sunday so her parents dropped her off and we went to Taco Bell with Brenda's
gang.  After there we went to Uncle John's Cider Mill.  It was a little disappointing because it really doesn't get going until after Labor Day weekend.  They did not have cider because of the poor weather last year.  We were able to get donuts and they were delicious!

Thanks Kelly and John for a wonderful weekend.......you brought joy to my soul and my mom and dad would be so proud of you!  I should correct myself.............they are proud of you.  They see you from heaven and they are praying for you and looking out for you.



Comments

Popular Posts