The 4-H Fair Fashion Show


Well last night I went to the Clinton County 4-H fashion show.  I had three nieces modeling the outfits that they had made for this years fair.  I was very proud of all of them. 

To start with Anna got the trophy for the dress that she made!  She all so got the Rosette for her modeling and the Alice Heibeck Memorial Award:

"The family of Alice Heibeck, a long time 4-H personal appearance leader, established a memorial in her memory. Since Alice was so involved in the personal appearance program and was always an advocate of the Style Revue experience, the award will be known as the Alice Heibeck 4-H Style Revue Award.

Each year one member is chosen to receive a $100 savings bond as the recipient of this award. Youth must be currently enrolled in a personal appearance project and have participated in style revue for 2 or more years prior."

Kelly and Maria were competing against each other in the same age group. It was obvious that they were  both having so much fun modeling.  It was a joy to watch them.  They were relaxed and smiling and it paid off!  Kelly got the Rosette and little Maria got the Trophy.  I've always said that Maria is a little diva!

The event though small was a little taste of heaven for me.  I had such joy in seeing their joy!  Their smiles were beautiful and I though of my mom, their grandmother and how proud she would be!  Correction how proud she is looking down from heaven........she is present in their smiles!

Comments

Popular Posts