Franciscan University of Steubenville Class Reunion!


 Linda and I had such a wonderful time at our 80's Reunion at the Franciscan University of Steubenville this past weekend.  Mark and
Martina Erste, so graciously let us stay at their home. So we didn't have to pay a hotel bill.  It was so nice talking and catching up with them.

When we checked in for the reunion  we were greeted by Paul Pinto.......thanks so much Paul for all your hard work!  We loved the reunion!  I saw Nancy Walker and her lovely daughter Anne and we caught up on her life!  Love you Nancy and Anne!

Friday night was a social and we saw Mark Nehrbas and he invited us to come over and see him and Carol!  So Linda and I went and visited them on Saturday morning and had a nice time reconnecting!

On Friday night I also saw Holly Milialn Crisera........we have not seen each other since 1985..........it was such a joy to see her.  I felt so loved by her!  Thank you Holly for being faithful to our Lord!  He will honor your faithfulness

On Saturday afternoon we had a nice lunch and met up with Julie Ferguson Pinto and her family.  (Paul was busy working with the reunion).  She grabbed me as they were walking out to see Fr. Angelus Migloir!  He was in town to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the Franciscan Sisters.  My dear friend Annette Guild so loved Fr. Angelus!

John and Kelly Herman also went with us to see Fr. Angelus.  I told him that he looked the same to me.  Because when we left 22 years ago I though he was old then!  Now that I am the age that he was 22 years ago he doesn't seem so old.  It's funny how that happens!

After the lunch I walked around the campus just taking it all in.  I feel so blessed to have gone to school there so many years ago! I then tried to find Linda but she was NO WHERE to be found!  Mind you she does not have a cell phone.  I finally gave up and went to the Ross's to change my clothes for mass.

Ed and Donna and their son Jake and his wife were their and Amanda's daughter Finn.  Amanda is the oldest of their 7 children.
It was like going home after 24 years..........that's for another blog.

Mass was very nice with Fr. Dennis Gang and the new President of the University celebrating mass, Fr. Sean Sheridan, TOR.

The Dinner party at the University was so much fun.......again a taste of heaven.  It was so good to see you Susan Fischer.......my old roommate. Chris Ledyard and Mark Fischer were part of the band that played music from the 80's.  But I was exhausted by 11pm and it took me an hour to get my sister Linda to go home.  She was actually hiding from me.  Not much has changed when she Brenda and I use to sleep upstairs together they would be talking away and I would always be yelling at them to "GO TO SLEEP"!

Then in the morning I'd be ready to chat because I'm a morning person and they would tell me to: "shut up"!..........Can you imagine that!  Poor Martina was waiting up for us at 12pm when we finally got to their home.  Linda and she chatted another two hours........I went to bed!

On Sunday we had a going away breakfast and we sat with George Houston, Claire and Wendy.  It was so nice!  I left Linda as she and George were talking and went to walk around the University that I hardly recognized because it has grown so much.  I took a lot of pictures and treasured all those old memories!

We ended the weekend by stopping at the Ross' again and my dear David and his wife and two children came to see us........but that is another blog.

Our trip home took along eight hours due to back ups on the Ohio Turnpike!  But it was all so worth it and I enjoyed the time I spent with my sister Linda! 

I will be going back to my old stomping grounds at the end of September for Sarah Ross's wedding! I may go for a week I have so many more people I want to catch up with.  God is good!



Comments

Popular Posts