THE ROSS FAMILY

It was so wonderful seeing the Ross family again!  Twenty five years ago I lived with them.  At the time they had just had John their 6th child of seven.  I was present when Donna gave birth to John, who is now a very handsome young man.  John is in the top left hand corner.

On our first visit only John was home. Mind you the Ross' didn't even know we were coming into town.  He was so gracious and open!  You are a wonderful young man and God will give you the desire of your heart!  I stopped a second time to change my clothes for mass and Donna and Ed where there.  I also got to see Jake and his wife!  Jake is the fifth of seven.  I have such fond memories of him!  When it wasn't bath night I use to wash David and his feet in the sink and they still remember that!

The neat thing is I felt I never missed a beat!  Granted the kids are all grown and gone but one and I was not there for so much of their lives but I still feel so connected to them.  I felt like I had gone home!  What a gift that is!

Linda and I stopped on Sunday and visited for two hours.  David showed up with his wife and two sons.  His oldest is two years old the same age he was when I lived with the Ross' and I adored David!

At first he wanted nothing to do with me.  So I gave him space and he made his move when we were in Washington D.C.  Mind you he would not give me the time of day until I had an ice cream cone and he started yelling, "Burns, Burns".  He wanted some of my ice cream so I gave him some and we were fast friends after that!

I will never forget the time that I was struggling and David was watching me put on my make up in the bathroom and he said to me, "Jesus loves you."...........Out of the mouths of babes!  It was so good to see David and his wife and children. 

David Jr. did not take to me  at first just like his dad!  But as we were leaving he finally gave me a hug!  I didn't even have any ice-cream!

I will always love the Ross family and I'm looking forward to going back in September go to Sarah's wedding where I will get to see all seven Ross children in one place!  God is so good!  Thank you Donna and Ed for opening up your hearts and home to me all those years ago!

Comments

Popular Posts