THE HISTORIC WESTERN HOTEL IN OURAY COLORADO


I loved this old Western Hotel.  Not much has been done to restore it so you feel like you have stepped back in time!  There was a lovely women who was telling me much of the history and gave me a key so I could look at one of the private rooms.  The pictures are above.  I love the old claw bathtub with just a screen for privacy/  I don't think I could get Charlie to stay there because there is no air conditioning.  If only the walls could talk! I tried to find history abut the hotel on the web but could not find any.  Here is a little paragraph describing the hotel:

"One of the oldest remaining wooden structures on the Western Slope, the hotel's architecture combines Victorian Italianate elegance with the old, wild west. The open second floor veranda extends over the sidewalk to streetside as the grand entrance for stagecoach guests of the past. Two suites with private baths. Twelve Rooms that share six European-style baths. $35 - $145 (winter); $40-$175 (summer) .  Historic saloon restaurant, large tin ceiling ballroom opening to original lobby, second floor veranda, cliffside outdoor patio."

Comments

Popular Posts