Mom's 73rd Birthday






Mom's 73rd Birthday



Wow I can't believe my mom would be 73 tomorrow. Her twin brother Jerry died at age 60. My mom was 55 so we will never know her as old! My memory of her is of a vibrant, friendly, always on the go person. The older I get the more I appreciate my mom and wonder how she did it. She had her first 3 babies in less than 3 years and her husband had two break downs during that time. She basically raised us alone because of my father's mental illness. Most women would have not stayed with my dad. I'm so thankful that she did. I can't imagine what it would have been like if my mom had dated other men......YUCK! Life was far from easy living with my dad...it was very stressful! But my mom kept the family together. We NEVER missed mass on Sunday (thank you mom!) We always had dinner together and very good meals at that! Rarely did we eat out , we just couldn't afford it or have all the food places like we do now. She always kept our home clean inside and out.She had a simple faith. I say that with all respect! She accepted all that the Lord gave her and never and I mean never doubted our Lord. She never asked "WHY LORD" like most of us. She loved to play cards and would say "God dealt me a hand and I'm playing it". I believe that people who really suffer not from their own doing are very trusted by God! God really trusted my mother to give her His son (my father). She had AGAPE love for my dad which is unconditional love. My dad because of his mental illness could not love her like every women dreams of and needs. She remained faithful to him and always told us his children, "he's a person" and because of her love and commitment I had a real love for my dad as well. He became a real friend to me in the last years of his life. When I was caring for my dad in those last years I felt so connected to my mom because I knew I was doing what she would have wanted me to do. One time I believe she saved our life. I was bringing my dad home for a visit from the Veteran's home in Grand Rapids. I purposely slowed down to look at the home my mom was raised in along M-21 in Pewamo and as we just pasted the home an elderly person ran the stop sign and we just missed getting hit.........thank you mom!My mom was always so friendly and always going the extra mile to reach out to those in need. Angela the old lady who lived behind us who was rejected by most because of her dress and smell is a prime example. My mom took her meals on a regular basis and when she ended up in the hospital two different times she and my sister Linda, Mary Louis and Jerry Reynard cleaned out her house...................one time they hauled away 200 garbage bags of junk. She literally only had a path in her house. When my mom was sick and I stayed home to care for her I could not keep up with her hospitality! She was always offering dinner to visitors and stillreaching out to the neighbors! She was telling one neighbor about a recipe on the phone (this women did not have much money) anyway she needed Polish sausage and my mom said she would give her some of ours............well we didn't have any in the freezer so I had to go out and buy some so she could give her some..........that was my mom! She was so generous and to the degree I'm generous I learned it from my mom.I think one of the major things is that she loved her four children equally! She just loved us and she had no favorites. I remember one time when and Brenda and I had an argument and my mom stated crying and said she couldn't take sides:) On another occasion in college I was upset over something and she cried becasue she felt so bad for me:(MOM I so miss you! I think of you daily. I live in the house you concieved and raised me in. I am so greatful for your faithfulness to our Lord, the Catholic church and her teachings and your husband our father. I firmly believe that we were taught the faith by your exampe ! It's easy to talk to the talk but you walked the walk! What bothers me the most is that your 14 grandkids never got to know you! I remember how much you loved Jennifer! You told me that you loved her more and more each day! She was just under two when you died. I tell them about you and how much you would have spoiled and loved them! People talk about my laugh but you were always laughing as well in spite of your difficult circumstances. Mom I can't wait to see you in heaven............I so love and miss and respect you! You are a hero to me! I can't wait to tell you that in person! I know you can see us and I know you are near and I know as far as God's time goes it will not be long before we are reunited and I long for that day.................I LOVE YOU MOM! Thank you for your FAITHFULNESS to our Lord and HisCatholic Church, my father and your children...........you LIVE on! I will continue to tell your grandchildren about you. By the way I know you approve of the men we married. We already know you liked Rhonda (Rhonda you were such a good daughter in law.........my mom came over to your house almost daily after Jennifer was born..........she couldn't stay away from her grand daughter! Also you and Kevin came over I think every night to visit when she still was conscious..........you were a very good daugher in law!.............I think I've written enough........don't forget to scroll down!

Popular Posts