MY LAST CLASS



Last night was my last class! We had pizza and watched part of the movie "A Walk to Remember." My hat goes off to full time teachers! I put allot of preparation into just an hour class one time a week. I have lost my zeal! I so think it's important to teach the chastity message and the truths of the faith, which I've been doing for the last eight years. Next year I will have a Journey group with about six eighth graders one being my niece, Katie. I'm looking forward to this . This was a good bunch of girls...full of energy, sometimes too much energy if you know what I mean. But we are not quite done. On May 16th we will be having a sleepover! I 'm bringing in a speaker to talk about Chastity and dating. Her name is Rachel and she spoke to the girls two years ago and they really liked her. Now she's engaged to a nice solid Catholic man! The other people in the collage are my niece Rachel my faithful helper! Michelle the director of Religious Education, her assistant Donna and the three male 7th grade teachers, Todd, Keith and Dave with Michelle. I enjoyed working with these guys and may see them once in awhile because I said could sub once in awhile. Below you will find the letter I wrote and passed out to each of the girls, along with a personal card to each of them.

LETTER TO SEVENTH GRADE GIRLS

Wow I can’t believe the year is over! I just want to take this opportunity to let you know I am so thankful that I was able to be your teacher this year. You are each so unique and so loved by God! Remember it is HE who created you! To the degree you become like Christ is to the degree you become who God created you to be. God so loves you! You have so much life ahead of you! I pray that you will grow in your knowledge and love of our Lord and His Catholic Church. Our world is a mess! Life is messy but Jesus came to clean up that mess and it begins with you! You can be a Mary and lead others to JESUS or an Eve and leads others to SIN. Do you want a deep inner peace and joy? Do you want to love yourself? Do you want to make decisions that will be good for your life and those around you? Then be a Mary! Love our Lord and obey the commandments and Church teachings. Take advantage of the sacraments especially confession and receiving Jesus in the Eucharist at mass.

God gave us the Church and her teachings and scripture to protect us NOT punish us! True freedom is not doing what we want when we want! True freedom is knowing Jesus and obeying Him and His Catholic Church! Is it always easy? NO of course not! Is it worth it? ALWAYS!

Remember suffering is a part of life because of Original Sin. Sometimes suffering is brought on because of the decisions we make, there are always consequences to our actions good or bad. Then there is the suffering we have no control of such as the death of a loved one, some injustice done to us, health problems, or emotional problems. God can use these sufferings to bring us closer to him. We can either reject or get mad at God or we can draw closer to him and “offer up” our pain. In God’s economy no pain or suffering is wasted. When my mom was in a coma and dying from cancer I knew her suffering was not wasted! Our Lord Jesus suffered…..he was whipped, beaten and nailed to the cross. He did this out of love for YOU. Remember because of original sin the doors of heaven were closed! Sin separated us from God the Father and JESUS had to die because that is how serious sin is. Just as parents discipline us our Lord will use situations in your life to help mold and transform you.

And a last note: Remember if you are called to marriage you are worth waiting for! It is so possible to live a chaste and holy life because you have Christ! God wants the best for you and that means saving yourself for marriage! You don’t need all the heart ache and possible
physical health problems that come from premarital sex. Please feel free to email me
at anytime, (my email address) Also visit my blog where I have allot of Catholic web sights including those that promote chastity. That address is: http://lisawieber.blogspot.com/

God Bless you!

Comments

Popular Posts