JOHN GUILD'S OPEN HOUSE

On Sunday Linda and I had the honor of helping Annette with her son's open house.  To be honest with you I could not believe that under the current situation she would plan one!  I mentioned this to Judy and she said there is NO WAY Annette wouldn't throw a graduation party for her son!

She did all the planning and calling of individuals to help with the party.  A good friend Denise made the sloppy joes and came early to start preparing.  Of course Judy who comes every other weekend was there helping.  Paul and the boys got the garage all ready for the party.  I got there at 12:30 and Judy put me to work.  The party started at 2pm.

Annette had been in intense pain all morning and was sleeping when I arrived.  I got to see her at 3pm when she summoned me:).  She was in her room with Judy getting ready for the party.  She wanted me to wrap a present she and John had bought for John's girlfriend, Jessie.  So that is what I did:)

Annette got out to the party around 3:30.  She was in pain and sometimes very extreme but she greeted everyone with her beautiful smile!  She was able to speak with everyone!  She simply amazed me.  She is always thinking of others even in the midst of all her pain!  Amazing simply amazing!  I have said this before but I will say it again she is teaching me how to live!  Linda and I feel so blessed to know her and spend time with  her, Joyce, Judy and Annette's family.

After the party a few niece's and sister in laws hung around to play a game.  Annette wanted to take her mind off of her pain.  Then at 10PM Annette wants to take a walk.  So we walked for about a half hour. It was so nice!  Linda and I left shortly after.  I forgot to mention that Linda came with her husband and four of her children who found playmates and didn't want to leave.

I spoke with Judy and Annette had a very hard night and none of them got much sleep.  Please pray for Annette, Judy, her family and those who are caring for her. She is currently with her sister, Joyce  in Portland because her children are involved in a summer theater program.

Annette continues to live life to the fullest!  Her body will only allow her to do so much but her mind and spirit continue to think of and praise our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!  While she is in pain she is always praying for others and thanking the Lord!  I've said it before and I'll say it again....she is teaching me how to
live and how to love and trust our Lord!  Thank you Annette for the saying YES to our Lord!

Comments

Popular Posts