ENJOYABLE THANKSGIVING

My sister, Linda and her husband Chuck hosted Thanksgivings this year. The gang included Brenda, Chris and their kids, Rob and Maureen Whitman and their gang and I brought Mary Louise.  She is 89 but you would never know it!  She could run circles around most people!  She is my mom's first cousin and her husband Jerry just pasted away this past year.

The food was excellent! Linda had brined her Turkey and it was so moist.  The gravy was also delicious.  I brought fruit salad (one of my favorites, my mom use to make it and I've always loved it), cole slaw and rolls from the Wheel Inn.  Maureen brought rice stuffing, traditional stuffing, a delicious sweet potato dish and a pumpkin cheese cake.  Brenda brought 5 desserts and Mary Louise brought a dessert.  It was all very tasty!

You see a picture of my niece, Anna washing the dishes.  She is such a good helper!  No one asked her she just did it on her own!  Of course her mom said it was her way of moving things along so the dessert could be brought out.  Anna just smiled when her mom made that statement.

Charlie mom wasn't up for getting out so we fixed her a nice plate of food and he took it to her.  The kids played cards, football and they were watching a Harry Potter movie when I left.  Brenda and I even snuck a nap in!  It was a nice Thanksgiving and I'm so grateful for all that the Lord has given me!

Comments

Popular Posts