HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!  One can get so distracted and rightly so with what is going on within our country and the world situation.  To be honest I find it all very scary. The unemployment rate, the moral decline of our country............it's all so overwhelming to me.

I realize however, that the enemy was using all these things to distract me and it kept my focus off of God.  I was becoming increasingly anxious and angry.  Let's face it politics is dirty!  I like to know what is going on but right now I don't have the grace to deal with it.  So instead  I limit my intake and pray for those that have the grace and the call to fight the battle.

 I pray that the Lord will raise Godly men and women with virtue who respect LIFE and who are fiscally responsible for public office.  For leaders who respect the Christian values that this country was founded on.  That marriage can not be changed.  God created marriage between a man and a women.  So as the family goes so does the nation.  Look what has happened to our nation with the sexual revolution and contraception.  Divorce rates have gone up.  Innocent babies if not aborted are being raised by single moms
instead of being given up for adoption.  A baby needs a mom and a dad!

With all that being said I have so much to be thankful for!  Most importantly I am thankful for the Catholic faith my parents handed down to me. From there I was responsible for developing that faith.  I am thankful that I know Jesus as my Lord and Savior.  That he is my friend.  I don't know how people go through life without this friendship

I am thankful for my home, family and friends.  I am especially thankful for my husband, Charlie.  I had to wait along time him!  He is faithful and he loves me dearly.  We are working out each other's salvation. We struggle like everyone else but at the end of the day we know we are there for each other.  Ultimately only
God can fill that deep longing within our soul.  We were made to know him, love him and serve him.

As Americans we are really struggling but we have so much.  Let us gives thanks to God for all that we have
and take nothing especially those we love for Granted!

Comments

Popular Posts