MY DAY WITH DOMINIC


I took a Vacation day on Monday and spent it with my nephew, Dominic.  I had promised him that we would go antiquing because he likes old things such as coins and army items. 

Before the drive to Mason, however, I asked him to assist me in taking my three animals to the Ovid Elsie Animal Clinic for their yearly check ups.  During the night Abby has been sprayed by a skunk!  We drove to Elsie with the windows rolled down but my car still smells like skunk!

The receptionist handed us a piece of paper with a recipe to bathe her in.  This recipe is  a quart of peroxide, one fourth cup of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of dawn dish soap.  Charlie bathed her that night but I think we need to give her one more dose!  As I sit here writing this I can still smell skunk!

Dominic and I then headed to Mason where they have several antique stores.  Dominic bought a few coins and I found some fun things!  I bought a sign to hang at Christmas time, a cool sewing box, a jewelry box made of wood, a Blessed Virgin Mary plant holder, and my greatest deal was two depression glasses that were only 50 cents a piece!

Back in my BC days (before Charlie) I use to go antiquing all the time.  I have some very neat pieces that I will pass on to my nieces and nephews.  I all so enjoy seeing things that remind me of my childhood. In my collage above you can see a Christie doll, which my sister Linda had and my mom had a canister set just like the one above.

Thanks for a nice day Dominic!

Comments

Popular Posts