CONTEST PLAY: PARADE

Yesterday Linda, Brenda and I  along with 5 of the nieces and nephews went to see the contest play
Parade put on by the St.Johns High School Drama Club.  It was a musical and the whole thing had to be done with in 45 minutes.  The pictures of the actors above are just of the preshow so the set is not showing which was very nice. (And I guess because of copy rights we were not suppose to take pictures so don't tell anyone!)

My niece Katie does set construction which also involves moving and setting up the stage and props.  This is her third year and she really enjoys working on the plays.  This brought back a lot of memories for Linda and I because we were in drama as well.  We were involved in Bottom's Dream in 1975 which took the state title.  Brandon White was the leading character and got numerous awards for his acting.  I still remember the party his parents put on for us after we had won state.

I had small parts in the next two contest plays.  We put on Black Elk Speaks in 1976 and I was an Indian squaw with one line and in 1977 I was a gesture in "Taming of the Shrew."  It was so fun traveling and competing. 

Parade took Second place so next week they go to Dexter for the State Finals.  Several of the actresses got  awards and I know the the lighting and stage crew got an award.  Go St.Johns!

Comments

Popular Posts