OUR HOME

I recently took pictures of our home and yard.  When Charlie married me I did not have one tree.......not one!  Charlie loves trees and flowers and his privacy.  The first thing he did after we got married was put up a fence to inclose the back yard.  When I say he..........he did it himself!  Then he started adding trees and more trees.  Some of the blue spurces in the backyard he started at his mom's home and they were just little seedlings.

Last summer we had the rest of the yard finished by Smith Landscaping.  Mark is Charlie's first cousin once removed.  They finished the boarders and the patio.  Since I married Charlie he has built a shed, feneced in the yard, landscaped, added a garage and a MAN CAVE and mud room.

I love our our home!  My grandparent's Mary and Larry Burns purchased it in 1938 for 1,400 and  finished paying for it in 1940.  My paren'ts, Tom and Jean bought it from them shortly after they were married.  It is were I was concieved and raised along with my siblings.

I love our home it is my safe place where I feel loved and protected........and to know my grandparents, and their children and my parents walked in this very house.......it's so comforing to me.  My grandpa Burns loved trees..........(I had removed what he had planted because they were over grown) would so love all that Charlie has done.  My mom would love the kitchen that I had redone.  Just before she got sick she was going to get the kitchen remodeled.  My brother Kevin and a friend fo his were going to to do..............she ever got her remodeled kitchen:) But she see's it now:)

Thank you dear Lord for allthat you have given me!

Comments

Lisa said…
James C. LaPrath Lisa- loved the photos, loved the blog, and wonder if family and friends could send you all a little seedling to celebrate the difference you all have made in so many peoples lives. One little seed.
16 hours ago · Like · 1.



Lisa Burns Wieber Awh thanks so much Jim.........I appreciate that!
13 hours ago · Like.







Rose Hambleton Love it. My dad (your grandpa) would be so pleased with what you and Charlie have done with the old homestead. Someday I want to get over there to see it.
12 hours ago · Like.







James Kuzma What a history! Special, indeed! miRiam :)
11 hours ago · Like.



Lisa Burns Wieber Thank Miriam.........come on over anytime Aunt Rose Hambleton.........as I want to see you new floors:)
7 hours ago · Like.

Popular Posts