VISITING THE WALKER'S

I spent a wonderful week in Missouri with Bob and Nancy Walker!  I was in their wedding 25 years ago on July 11th 1987.  I even missed my 10 year class reunion!  They live in Lake Waukomis right on the lake. 

We started each morning with a cup of coffee and sat on the back porch where we could view the lake.......how peaceful is that!  Water makes me feel close to God who is the living water!  Then we would go for a 2 mile walk on a very lovely paved trail. 
We went shopping a couple of times and on Saturday we went to the Kansas city market, which had so many wonderful things to choose from!  Nancy bought a blueberry and peach pie from the Amish. I love city markets especially one that big and festive!

I was able to spend allot of time with their lovely daughter Anne!  She is such a wonderful young women who has a big heart.  She is a veterinary assistant and has a wonderful dog named Leo the boxer you see me with above.  I love you Anne!

I absolutely fell in love with Nancy and Bob's dog Murphy.........he stole my heart when he got into my suit case and ran off with the dog treats I had purchased for my Abby.  Murphy has a hoarding problem........he goes around the house and snitches things to hide under Nancy and Bob's bed!  I never knew dogs could be hoarders. He all so likes to sleep in until NOON!  I have never heard of a dog that likes to sleep in!............He's a hoot..........I offered to take him.......Bob said yes but Nancy said no!
Karen and Mike Harwerth came for the weekend.  We went to Weston which is full of history!  We went once again to O'Malley's Irish Pub.  Then next time I go back I want to spend a day at Weston and see the more than 100 historical sights there!  It was 106 degrees on Sunday so we spent it on their pontoon boat and in the water!  I can't imagine having a lake in my back yard!

Oh I can't forget to mention the wonderful friends of Nancy and Bob's.  Thank you Robin for inviting me into your home and assisting me in making me my lovely bracelet!  I have gotten a lot of compliments on it.  Thank you Theresa and Jim for taking me and the Harwerth's to mass on Saturday night...........the Walker's are blessed to have you all as neighbors!

Thanks Nancy and Bob for opening up your hearts and home to me............I am blessed!  Chris and Joe thanks for openning your hearts and home as well (Nancy and Bod's younger sons._

Comments

Popular Posts