HAPPY 49TH BIRTHDAY

I would like to wish my baby sister a happy 49th Birthday!  Where has the time gone!  For some reason my memory of your birth has stayed with me.  I remember being at Grandma Burns' and going to the St. Joe's Carnival and seeing Aunt Rosie there.  Grandma had won me a nice sized stuffed animal (back in the day when nice prizes were affordable).  I named the dog Penny after the dog we had had for just a short while.

I got nervous when we ran into Aunt Rosie because I thought for sure grandma was going to give her my Stuffed Dog.  I remember going up to the hospital and standing outside of mom's window and waving at her.  Forty nine years ago they did not allow children on the maternity ward.  Maybe they thought a women with her 4th baby needs some needed rest?

We were blessed to have a good faithful mother who brought us up in the Catholic faith.  We were blessed that she showed us what real love is.  It's not an emotion it's an act of the will.  We were blessed that we could take care of her in the last 20 months of her life.  We will be blessed when we get to cross over and be with her and dad (who will fully be restored!)  We will all so get to meet our older brother (I think the baby mom miscarried before me was a boy and I've named him David Thomas).  Won't I be surprise if I'm greeted with an older sister instead!  We all so will get to meet 3 nieces or nephews, the one Kevin and Rhonda miscarried and the two Linda and Chuck miscarried.

In the next life we will be reunited with all the faithful souls who have gone before us.  We will understand the things we can't understand here.  The times we thought we were alone we'll see that we were surrounded with loved ones or the Lord himself was carrying us.   May you hold on to this great hope as you celebrate another year of life!

Thanks for being a good wife, mother, friend and sister to me. I love your Brenda!  Lisa

Comments

Popular Posts